‘Tis the season for side dishes to take center stage. While you’re whipping up this delicious recipe from The Produce Moms, be sure to enter in our exclusive social media contest with our partner O Olive Oil & Vinegar for a chance to win the ultimate side dish package of fresh bags of Eat Smart Green Beans, 1 bottle of O Aged Sherry Vinegar and 1 bottle of O Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enter here on Facebook, or here on Instagram. Contest closes at midnight on 11/22. Good luck!
Eat Smart® Green Beans make all your green bean recipes easy! They are triple washed, prepped, and ready to use. They can be steamed right in the bag. It’s as easy as poking a few holes in the bag and popping them in the microwave.
O Olive Oil & Vinegar products are a kitchen necessity! These artisanal olive oils and vinegars are made from lush California olives, organic citrus, and Sonoma Valley’s best varietal wines. O uses old-world methods of natural aging in wood barrels and stainless steel tanks to make award-winning artisan wine vinegars.
Available in a variety of fun and fresh flavors, these oils and vinegars can take your dishes from fine to divine! We used O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and O California Aged Sherry Vinegar on our blistered Eat Smart® Green Beans but that’s just the beginning of endless options! For more unique recipes, from mocktails to desserts, click here.
How will you be serving Eat Smart® Green Beans this holiday season? Share in the comments below or tag us in your recipe photos on Instagram @theproducemoms, @eatsmartveggies and @ooliveoilandvinegar.
- 2 bags Eat Smart® Green Beans
- 2 tsp O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tsp O California Aged Sherry Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, toss green beans with O California Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat the peanut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and cook until golden brown. Drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- While fish is baking, make dressing. Whisk together one packet of dressing from Sweet Kale Salad bag, adobo sauce, 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you remove the green beans from the oven, toss them with O California Aged Sherry Vinegar and top with fried shallots.